- 2015 - present
- Postdoc, Geophysical Lab, Carnegie Institution of Washington, USA
- Supervisor: Dr. Timothy A. Strobel & Dr. Ronald E. Cohen
- 2014 - 2015
- Postdoc, Department of Physics, University of Basel, Switzerland
- Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Stefan Goedecker
- 2008 - 2014
- PhD student, State Key Lab of Superhard Materials, Jilin University, China
- Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Yanming Ma
- 2014 -- PhD in Physics, State Key Lab of Superhard Materials, Jilin University, China
- 2008 -- Bachelor of Science, Physics Department, Jilin University, China
Awards and Honors
- 2019, Carnegie Science P2 Award.
- 2018, Carnegie Science Venture Grant.
- 2015, Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation of Jilin Province, China.
- 2013, National Scholarship for Graduate Students.
- 2013, Graduate Innovation Grant, Jilin University.
- 2012, Distinguished Graduate Student Fellowship, Jilin University.
- 2012, Baosteel Excellent Scholarship.
- 2011, Outstanding Newcomer Award of Ministry of Education of China.
- Timothy A. Strobel, Li Zhu, “Carbon-based clathrate compounds”, U.S. Provisional Patent App. 62/814,024 (2019)
ServicesServed as Reviewer for the following journals:
- Nature Communications
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA (PNAS)
- Journal of the American Chemical Society (JACS)
- Chemistry of Materials
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
- Chemical Communications
- New Journal of Physics
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics
- Dalton Transactions
- RSC Advances
- Scientific Reports
- Computational Materials Science
- Physics Letters A
- AIP Advances
- Chemical Physics Letters
- International Journal of Modern Physics B
- Journal of Alloys and Compounds
- Modern Physics Letters B
- Solid State Communications
- Journal of Nuclear Materials
- Phase Transitions